Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cynthia's Snuggle Bunny

From time to time we want to feature you, our customers and the awesome finished objects you are making using Alpaca Yarn Company patterns and yarns. This week we want to introduce you to Cynthia, owner of Nightingale Fibers. We fell in love with Cynthia's Blanket Buddy made from Snuggle when we saw it on Ravelry. The pattern is by Mary Anne Thompson and can be found in 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. When I asked Cynthia to tell us a little bit more about herself & her adventures, here's what she had to say:
I am a nurse midwife who has been knitting since about the age of 7. My company, Nightingale Fibers, grew out of my love of knitting and alpacas. I hope one day to not only have a small alpaca farm but a “bricks and morter” store. Right now I am continuing to work full time as a midwife and to develop my business. I hope to add more products, especially more yarns and local crafts of interest to knitters and spinners.
I love Snuggle for baby/childrens things. It knits up fast and is super soft. I actually love all of The Alpaca Yarn Co yarns. Have knitted lots with Classic (I am making a Log Cabin Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting with Classic now). I just received my first order of Swizzle that I am anxious to knit something with (as soon as we get power back on in NH!)
No power in New Hampshire! Yikes!!! Obviously Cynthia is made of that hearty New England stock. If our power went out I'd be whining for days. Wait, now that I think about it, no power would mean guilt-free knitting & crocheting time though, wouldn't it? Hmmmm, let me think about this a bit longer. No, on second thought I believe I deal with the guilt in exchange for heat & light. But more power to you, Cynthia (no pun intended) -- we can't wait to see that Log Cabin Blanket!

If you would like to have your FOs featured, be sure to give us a shout! We love seeing what you're making!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I feel for you with no power I was one of the luck ones that was only out for 17 hours...knitting by candle light is a bit tricky...
good luck to you hope you have power soon

Turtle said...

good luck on the power, i got a generator last friday as an early xmas gift after losing it earlier that same day 7 times!

cute bunny blankie!