Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I will apologize in advance

Why am I apologizing? Because I know by the time you are finished reading this blog post you will have a song stuck in your head. So I am sorry. If it is any consolation, I have the same song stuck in my head too. The worst part is, this song really requires whistling and I am hopelessly inept at whistling.

What? Did you stumble onto the wrong blog? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of yarn naming contest type thing going on here???

No, you are indeed at the right place. Here is your yarn:

And here are your choices:

1) Mardi Gras
2) Bewitched

hangs head in shame as she fruitlessly pushes air out her mouth in a lame attempt to whistle

So, post your favorite, one comment per person please & a randomly drawn winner will get a skein of the good stuff. Meanwhile, I'm off to invest in whistling lessons.

16 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh I am first. I like Mardi Gras.

Rav id - sylvia410

yarnpiggy said...

Definitely Bewitched -- you'd need yellow and green with purple for Mardi Gras. :-)

Tera said...

Mardi Gras would be the perfect name for this yarn.

teammom on Ravelry

RoamingKnitter said...

Mardi Gras

Rav ID RoamingKnitter

Marlitharn said...

Definitely Mardi Gras. Pretty purples and rich pinks...Mardi Gras. Definitely.

Marlitharn on Ravelry

Courtney L. Kramer said...

Mardi Gras definitely gets my vote!

Rav ID: frog0316

Emily said...

Ooh, pretty! I vote for Mardi Gras.

jenniem on Rav

squiggi said...

mardi gras.
that yarn is beautiful

Amy said...

I vote for Mardi Gras.
knitterofhats on Ravelry

kristyh1981 said...

Mardi Gras is the perfect name for this yarn. Those are just the colors of the beads I brought back from my Mardi Gras trip many years ago :D kristyh1981 Rav ID

Connie said...

Mardi Gras! I visited New Orleans last year and these colors remind me of that visit.

greyowl (rav id)

Unknown said...

Mardi Gras is a wonderful name for this pretty party in a skein!

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

Mardi Gras

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

Definitely Mardi Gras with the purple & gold tones.

Knittingdancer on Ravelry

patsy said...

madri gras patsycoats@bellsouth.net

KnittyBron said...

Mardi Gras could work, but I think I like Bewitched better... to call it Mardi Gras, it would need to be just a bit brighter IMHO...